Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Station 22

Imagine you were traveling along in the middle of no were, you had run out of water, desperate to find a place where your alternative music and fashion trends were accepted. A place where you could wear the tightest jeans, and drink water out of jars. Then you see it, the nirvana of all hipster hangouts, the neon sign above says "Station 22." 
When you walk in to Station 22, the only word to describe the decorum is, bohemian.  Everything is folkie, even down to the staff, with their very fashionable uniforms. I couldn't tell if they were uniforms or if you just have to be a hipster to work there. Our servers name was dandy... ok I'm not sure what her name was, but she said she was dandy. Anyway Dandy helped us out to find some great options, she also let us know that everything was locally grown, and in season. 
I ordered the sweet potato wedges with fry sauce, and then the Jack Barowak burger. The wedges were very well done, I liked the presentation, it was served in a small tin pale. I drank my water out of a jar, which at first was weird, but then I really liked it, it held a tone of water so that I didn't run out. 
The Jack Barowak burger was superb. It combined bacon, slow grilled beef, and a wonderful burbon sauce. The powerful flavors and huge portion really left me satisfied. 
All in all, I would give Station 22 a 9/10, the food was great, but the feel, well lets just say I wasn't feeling it. It felt so Portland, I felt that I couldn't fit in with the demographic. If you go, please go for the food, and the service. I really did enjoy my experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment