Monday, March 18, 2013

Chefs Table - Le Piece De Resistance

I have been waiting ever since I began this blog to go to, in my opinion, the best restaurant in Utah Valley. The Chefs Table. Located on what us locals call the landing strip, the south end of state street where Orem becomes Provo. This elegant restaurant, if not for its sign out front, could be mistaken for a very wealthy home. When you arrive at the Chefs Table, it is very apparent, even from the cars in the parking lot, that you are at an upscale eatery.
Upon entering we were impressed by the ambiance. The decorum was elegant, and the layout of restaurant was nothing short of classy. Once we were seated our waiter promptly took care of any questions. The service at The Chefs Table is nothing short of amazing, the atitude and timing of each server was very well sharpened. All of the food was brought to us right on time.
I ordered the filet mignon steak cooked perfectly (medium) along with a potato lemon oil bisque soup (the soup of the day,) and to start a butternut squash risotto. I should have brought some luggage, because I was taken on a trip. A wonderful journey of flavor and self discovery. The food was exquisite, absolutely amazing. Each bite seemed to improve on the last. The risotto was so smooth and cooked to perfection. The portion only prepared me perfectly for the bisque. The bisque transported me to a magical place, it was utterly astounding how powerful the flavor, and yet at the same time the subtlety of the lemon oil blew me away. It was over much too soon, and then came most likely the greatest thing my taste buds have yet experienced. The filet mignon was elegant, and perfectly cooked through. It was so tender, I would equate it to finally falling in love with a life long friend. The feeling was just great, and the flavor could not be matched. The steak had been smothered in a sweet chutney sauce that took the whole meal to another level.


I was utterly blown away by the whole experience, after the meal was done they cleared the plates and gave us a moment to rest and just talk.



I would highly recommend The Chefs Table to anyone looking for just the best of Utah Valley. I would give it a 10/10 and even more if my scale allowed. It was hands down the best meal this blogger has experienced and I look forward to returning soon, hungry for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment