Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cubby's- Chicago Style


     Im going to be honest, I was not really excited to go and review Cubby's. I'm really not a huge beef fan, but I will tell you I was pleasantly surprised. The lay out of the restaurant was very backstreets Chicago with almost a ranch feel. I liked how simple the menu was, there were just sandwiches, soups, and salads. Everything felt very authentic and down to earth. After ordering, it took a little under five minutes to get my food. I had a little trouble finding napkins and stuff, but that was due to the fact that I wasn't paying very close attention. The restaurant felt very much like I would expect a downtown Chicago style beef joint. The wood work inside was great and I like the big screen T.Vs Normally I don't love T.V in restaurants, but at Cubby's, it seemed to go with the whole ambiance.
     So I took my first bite in to what was known as the "original Mr. Beef." I'll say it again I was really surprised  It was such a balanced sandwich. Filled with just the right amount of meet and smothered in an italian giardiniera, and their secret famous sauce. I'm not really a beef kinda guy and I really enjoyed the sandwich. It had a smokey flavor that carried nicely through each bite and it surprisingly was still hot by the time I finished it.
     I would give Cubby's a 7.8/10, it was a good meal and a nice place to eat, but I'm really not feeling any great need to go back soon. I would recommend it to any of my friends who are looking for a low key, filling beefy meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment