Monday, January 21, 2013

EL GALLO GIRO- VIVA MEXICO!

If I were to sum up my experience at El Gallo Giro in one word, I would say, authentic! I absolutely love mexican food. Having lived there for two years, I know what real Mexican food should be. But like anyone who has ever experienced the real food of Mexico will tell you, it is very hard to find good authentic Mexican food this side of the border. El Gallo Giro delivers with its colonial Mexico ambiance and rich flavors, you'll feel as though you were in a "pueblito" eating at a "comida corrida."
Situated on the corner of 300 S in provo right next to chase bank, this little establishment is easily recognizable by its huge rooster sign.
Apart from the food being excellent, and the ambiance saturated with culture, the prices are not that bad. After drinks, and complimentary chips and salsa, the whole meal came to $7
I ordered a "panbaso" which is a dish straight out of Mexico Cities street cooking. Its basically two chili soaked buns filled with any meat you want, lettuce, potatoes, and onions. Oh and don't forget the sour cream. It was monstrous, I couldn't even finish my meal. The flavor was indescribable, I loved how the flavors complimented one another. It was exactly as I remembered it from my days in Mexico City. Oh and don't even get me started are the great drinks, they have freshly made "aguas" every day. I had a Horchata, basically a cinnamon and milk drink. It was amazing, ask anyone who has returned from mexico how hard it is to find a great Horchata and they will tell you. I was so surprised to find such an authentic little place right under my nose.
With its perfectly authentic feel, great service, and wonderful food, I give El Gallo Giro a 9.3/10- It is a must go for anytime you are craving the real mexican experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment