Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mountain West Burrito

I have noticed recently a trend in the culinary industry. Small cozy places with one of kind food, they attempt to give off a hip vibe with their well designed yet simple menus, and they are likely into some sort of social cause.  
Mountain West Burrito epitomizes all that this new trend has to offer. The location for this hip hot spot is relatively small. They took over for the awful waffle's location, for those of you who knew the greatness of the awful waffle, just south of campus across from the very much over rated J- Dawgs. If you aren't looking for the place you might miss it, seeing as it is hidden away behind the dentist office, and sandwiched next to the gas station. 
Upon arriving I was immediately stuck by the vibrant sign and large menu. One of my favorite parts about this hip trend in food service is the simplicity of the menu. You have only four options to choose from as your entre and from there you can customize. I was given the impression that even though they didn't have much, what ever they had was bound to be good. The staple of Mountain West Burrito is that they use only fresh and locally grown ingredients. This is what perhaps drew me to try this little place.

I ordered the slow cooked pork burrito with lettuce, rice and all wrapped up in a flower tortilla. There couldn't have passed three minutes and it was done. I was taken by the efficiency of the place, it was great to order and then almost immediately be on my way. The 

Burrito itself was well made, but very big. The burrito brought to memory the burritos of places like Chipotle or Cafe Rio. I had a hard time finishing the whole thing, but none the less found it very enjoyable. The all natural ingredients were proportioned well, and the fact that they were fresh did make quite the difference. The flavor was great, and the burrito held together throughout the meal, unlike others I have tried.
          My only complaint is that, although the burrito had a good flavor, it had nothing to distinguish it from all the others. The flavor did not jump out at me, as much as I would have liked. I was hoping, due to the good reports I had received, that it would have been more memorable.
All in all I would say to my friends and family, that if they would like a complete, delicious, and quick meal, they should definitely swing by Mountain West Burrito. I would give Mountain West a  8.6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment