Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pizzeria 712

From the outside 
Pizzeria 712 is one of the best, and most unique culinary experiences any one can have in Utah Valley. I talked about a trend that has been cropping up in restaurants lately in an earlier post. 712 is the definition of trendy. Upon entering the restaurant you can feel an atmosphere of classy. The new age music, coupled with the old world feel with its modern touches, the feeling is just awesome  The restaurant feels really big, but on the contrary it only has about 20 tables, if you count the romantically lit outside area.
Starters
One of the great things about Pizzeria 712 is that they use all locally grown ingredients, this means that the menu is constantly changing. Every time you go, you are bound to have a new experience, and apart from the generally great food, is what keeps me coming back.

Just for starters
After we got our drinks, our server brought us some pitta and garlic humus  It was the perfect thing to tide us  over. The timing was great, after the pita was gone, the server brought out our appetizer. We had the lamb brisket, covered in a horse radish cream sauce atop a bed of corn Flat bread. It was a flavor I was not expecting. After thoroughly enjoying the brisket, we got our pizza. We ordered the cauliflower  mozzarella  and white truffle oil pizza. It was in a word, unique. The garlic they used mixed so well with the truffle oil to create almost aromatic experience. When ever I came upon a slice of mozzarella, its as if I understood some secret of the universe that before was unknown. The flavor was unlike anything I had  
experienced before, and I loved it.

The pizzas are about 10" in diameter, so I would suggest splitting your pizza if your on a date. The pizzas usually cost around $13 average. With the appetizer  drink, and tip, it the total came to $40. It was well worth it for the experience, I would have paid a bit more.
The Main Event
I would highly recommend Pizzeria 712 to anyone looking for a unique and classy dining experience. My rating for the Pizzeria would be a 9.3/10, my only complaint was that our server seemed a bit aloof from us, I really enjoy more interactive service. Remember if you are going to eat here soon, make a reservation, the place is always packed with at least a 20 min wait.




Classy

No comments:

Post a Comment